Dad came in. I asked what he was making.
“An omelet,” he says, looking at me like “WTF else would I be doing with three eggs in a cold pan.”
So… here’s a recipe for Dad.
- 3 eggs
- butter, about the size of poker chip
- grated cheese, about the size of a golf ball
- chopped vegetables, about the size of a baseball
- salt and pepper
- ½ an avocado, optional (but highly recommended)
- Put a non-stick pan on the stove over medium heat.
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl. Add salt and pepper and whisk the hell out of them.
- When the pan is hot, add butter to pan and swirl to coat the surface.
- Pour the eggs into the pan. Wait a few minutes. Jiggle the pan a bit. You want the eggs to be soft set, so if you tip the pan the eggs won't run. Once just set, sprinkle cheese over the entire surface.
- As soon as the cheese is melted a bit, add the vegetables to ½ of the surface. Fold the un-vegetabled side over the vegetabled side and slide it onto a place.
- Top with slices of avocado... for the WIN!
(and here’s why you should eat eggs)